FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF WARREN, OHIO
Director – Melanie A. Vlad
- Motet Choir – singers grade 7 through adult – Meets Sunday mornings at 8:30 a.m.
- Handbell Choir – ringers grade 7 through adult – Meets Sunday mornings at 11:15 a.m.
- InSPIREd Kids – singers kindergarten through grade 5 – Meets Sunday mornings at 11 a.m.
- InSPIREd Voices – singers grades 6 through 12 – Meets Sunday mornings at 11 a.m.
- Men’s Chorus – male singers grade 7 through adult – Meets as scheduled and sings at various times throughout the liturgical year.
- Elastic Band – for all ages – Directed by John Vlad; meets weekly in December for rehearsal. Plays after caroling and during the early Christmas Eve service. All instruments welcome!
- Jr. and Sr. High Youth Groups – Designed for students in grades 6 through 12, these programs include classes on Sunday mornings and monthly social activities. The older students have participated in summer mission trips to Texas, Mexico and West Virginia.
- Confirmation Classes – Students in grades 9 through 12 are encouraged to prepare for church membership by attending these classes which meet every other year.
- Scholarship Fund – The FPC Scholarship Fund is supported by memorial gifts and donations. A church committee awards scholarships annually to young adult members who are continuing higher education and who have been active in the life of the Church. Applications must be filed in the church office by the announced deadline in June of each year. An applicant must be an active member of FPC and have completed at least one year of post-high school education. Graduate students are not eligible.
- Summer Camp at Joseph Badger Meadows – There are summer camps for every age group at Joseph Badger Meadows. For youth active in FPC, the CE committee will pay half of the camp fee. Counselors and volunteers are also needed.
- Miriam-Esther Circle – open to all women – Meets in the Church Parlor the first Thursday of each month at 11 a.m.
- Women of Faith – open to all women – Meets in the Church Parlor the 2nd and 4th Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
- Shawl Ministry – open to anyone who enjoys this type of crafting – We have given out over 23 shawls, blankets and lapghans filled with loving care and many blessings to those in need of comfort and solace.
- Prayer Talk – open to all who desire a time of quiet meditation and prayer – At 8:30 we begin guided devotionals in Fellowship Hall with scripture and prayer.
- Family Camp – A weekend of intergenerational activities and fellowship is held each January at Joseph Badger Meadows.
- Golf Teams and Bowling Teams – men and women – Contact Church office for information on joining these teams.
- Church Life Committee – Activities such as Scrappers games, bowling and local theatrical productions are enjoyed by all.