FREE COMMUNITY LUNCH
Under the direction of the Deacons, this lunch, prepared alternately at FPC and Christ Episcopal Church, is served at FPC by our church volunteers the third Tuesday of each month. Afterwards, free groceries are given to eligible recipients. To volunteer, contact Pat McCaughan or the church office.
Partnered with Willard Middle School, FPC provides students with school supplies, honor lunches (4 times a year) and tutoring. At Christmas, presents are provided to needy students through our Love Tree.
RELAY FOR LIFE
Each year in May our Church has at least one team participating in this local endeavor to benefit the American Cancer Society.
HEART WALK AND CROP WALK
Individuals seek donations and walk in these annual drives.
Representatives of various charitable organizations “set up shop” before and after worship service on the second Sunday in November. Donations are requested as “alternate Christmas gifts.” Cards are sent to recipients informing them that a monetary gift has been given in their name.
The FPC building plays host to many community organizations such as:
- S.O.P.H.I.A. – Stop One Place Help Is Available gives referrals, guidance and direction for immediate needs, including utility assistance, housing issues, medical and mental health referrals, food, clothing and other needs. Direct monetary assistance may be available depending on the availability of funds. One-on-one interviews are held the second Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the church. Call 330-393-0519 for further information. (more information)
- Ghost Walk – FPC has been the “starting and ending point” for this annual event since its inception. Ghost Walk is under the direction of the Fine Arts Council of Trumbull County. www.trumbullarts.org
- Al-Anon –Tuesdays at 9 a.m. and Fridays at 10 a.m.
- Narcotics Anonymous – Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- AA – Mondays and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Fibromyalgia Support Group – Third Monday at 7 p.m.